Georgie is an experienced counsellor working in private practice in Dundee and Arbroath where she works with children, young people and adults. She also works for a local counselling organisation called Insight, and joined Dundee Counselling in June of 2016 working with couples, individuals and young persons. Georgie offers a safe therapeutic space for her clients where they can explore any issues or difficulties they may be experiencing. She works within a Pluralistic model of counselling which allows clients to work at their own pace and with the issues they identify as being problematic. In order to support the clients process, Georgie offers a variety of therapeutic tools, whilst valuing their innate skills and abilities, when helping them to resolve the life experiences which have brought them to counselling.
Prior to being a counsellor Georgie has worked in a variety of settings. Her most recent a mental health charity, as a support worker for friends and family of someone with mental health problems. She also values her time working as a school auxiliary, which is where her interest in working with children and young people started.Qualifications and Training:
- Post Qualifying Certificate Course – working therapeutically with children and young people, completed June 2018- Pass
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid course February 2013
- Choose Life, More questions than Answers course
- Post Qualifying certificate: counselling children and young people
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Interventions Skills Training
- Pg dip Counselling
- TA 101 (Transactional Analysis, Introductory Course)
- Completed modules A,C,D, Advanced certificate in Couple counselling, Couple counselling Scotland.
- University of Dundee Certificate in counselling skills
- Marriage counselling Scotland Certificate in counselling skills